Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Black Gift.

I know I'm a bit late with this but here goes.
As promised RIM has started rolling out free premium apps to users in showing their gratitude to the millions of users that was affected during the blackout last week.

The first and only app for now is the DriveSafe.ly app that reads and responds to your text messages, emails and twitter messages using voice recognition, its has proven to be an interesting application that drains your battery.

With that said, it leaves me wondering if RIM will release any useful apps that are keepers or they will use the opportunity to do spring cleaning in the fall by offering us stuff for free that wouldn't sell because people see them as useless?

But I still would like to say thank you to RIM's management for having the forsight and "testicular fortitude" to have taken the decision to compensate users for loss of use (like a good insurance company) they paid out to you for damages and in turn you renew your premiums by sticking with them.

From the beginning of the blackout I wondered if they would make such a gesture, I even discussed it with my good friend @79stanger who's only concern at the time was getting back full service from RIM.

Even though I pondered about it many times, if they didn't opt to compensate I will still and always be pro BlackBerry, but they did and in doing so made alot of peoples Day.

Thank you to the RIM team!
Dexter Harroo

No comments:

Post a Comment